Thursday, June 19, 2008

Kenya Diaries... (Part III)

June 15:
It’s Sunday and full of fun. I have been to my cousin’s place and enjoy delicious traditional food. I’ve also took a small round of Nairobi town and it was fantabulous!! I visited nearly all happening places of Nairobi i.e. Diamond Plaza, Village Market, Nakumatt Westgate, yaya center etc. Diamond Plaza is basically a market for Asian community where you will find a solution for all your need; Delicious Indian food, jewelry shops, tailors, grocery shops etc. I even visit a vegetable market and surprisingly Kenyan vendors try to convince customer in Guajarati and Hindi!
June 16:
Oh! It’s very difficult to wake up on Monday but I’ve to… I’ve started my trip towards Embu and Siakago at 6 AM and reached Embu by 8.30 AM. Here we had a meeting with our largest distributor and discuss a lot on women groups and their working style. We reached Siakago at somewhere around 12.30 PM and meet a women group’s leader. We also managed to bag some order from her. We come back to Embu by 3.00 PM and we had a meeting with another group leader over a lunch. We left Embu at 4.30 PM for Nairobi but our car had some mechanical problem we stuck on the highway! Somehow we managed to resolve it and reached Nairobi at 8.30 PM. It was very looong day for me.
June 17:
It’s bit relaxing after a day long trip to Mt. Kenya region. I’ve a meeting with KADET people at 2.00 PM so no more work in first half! Meeting was good and we finalized 3 road shows in Central and Western Kenya. We also work out new strategies on road shows and promotion of our products. It was over by 4.30 PM and I managed to reach home early. I hosted a booze party to myself as no one is there to give me a company!!!
June 18:
It was an ordinary day for me. In morning I had a brief meeting with Mr. Paul Madoc, company’s exclusive designer and Innovator (Don’t laugh guys here word “Innovation” is not so popular…lol!). He takes me through various functions of organization, Product knowledge, work functions etc. It was very informative session for me. Post lunch I prepared a proposal for tomorrow’s meeting with MANDELEO (NGO). That’s all for the day!

No comments: