Saturday, June 14, 2008

Kenya Diaries.... (Part II)

June 12:
Second day at office!
My boss allotted me a mentor Mrs. Magdaline; she has been working in rural areas especially among women groups since 1996 so it will be a great help for me to understand rural market. I got a cell connection today so now I am connected with friends and family. The whole day I spent in making presentation on given assignment. It was another boring day for me; let’s see what comes in to my way tomorrow!
June 13:
Oh! Another good day at office…I got my next week’s schedule; I will have to travel throughout the Kenya next whole week. It will be fun, I hope! I have to visit many NGOs and SHGs and try to understand their working style and company’s position among those groups. I met a German delegation working for UNICEF they are here in Kenya since last six months and working in eastern Kenya where >70% of the population is below poverty line and most of the region affected by insurgencies, because the province is bordering with Somalia. Now I am just waiting for weekend to come so that I can have some good break!!
June 14:
It’s Saturday and I have to work for half day somehow it gives me a feeling of our own Indian work culture; but the only difference here is people are more relaxed and come on work on Saturday for just sake of it. No one is bothered to work on Saturday but still they follow the rituals by attending office on Saturday. For next whole week I am on tour so not sure about when can I get a time to write, but let’s hope for the best…..
Adios!

2 comments:

ruby said...

Hey bro.....
good that u r sharing ur experiences...we can almost feel the african phenomen indirectly.....

Anonymous said...

hello bhai
do keep writing as this keeps us informed about u n kenya.