Monday, August 24, 2009

Bechara YOUNGISTAN....

This is a story of Nick. He recently passed out from one of the best B-School in India with flying colours. He is an engineer and now MBA in Marketing. He also worked for a leading MNC for around 2.5 years before his MBA. He was very lucky even in this recessionary market and got a good offer from one of the leading telecom company during placement season.

Today I got a call from him and he said he is not happy with his current job! He joined this company three months back with great hope, but suddenly he feels it is waste of time! He doesn’t like the job profile and now he is hoping for another job.

Since last few days, many times I’ve come across this type of answers. Almost all of my friends were giving me the similar answers. Some of them are not happy with their profile, some of them are not happy with compensation and some of them have location problems! I was wondering, whether it’s an individual’s problem or something else?

Whether our Youngistan’s expectations are too high or they are really in trouble?

Whether it is a real effect of recession or companies are just cashing on the ground of recession?

Whether it’s a story of my friend Nick or common for many Nick?

Many more questions and thoughts are running through my mind but I think it’s enough for now!

I would be happy if all of you will share your thoughts here.

So waiting for your comments guys, c’mon!!

3 comments:

Mayuri said...

Hey I agree with this I feel this is the case with almost all of the B-School students. Those who dont have jobs are struggling to get a job...Those who have are not happy with the profile...Those who have profile are not happy with package..Those who have package and profile are not happy witht the location...I feel there are very few lucky students who have got everything.

I sometimes wonder how long will this go...If you go a year back all our seniors had amazing packages and they had good profiles also to work on....Look at us the unlucky lot...But we have no options but to wait and hope that things will change...As Venky Sir used to say HOPE is also a FOUR letter word :)

Napoleon said...

True Dost! Few days back I was discussing it with one of my colleague and he rightly pointed out that "Education is a big business now and it's all about selling dreams!"

As you are planning to join MBA, Colleges are portraying themselves as they are the best, you join it with great hope but once you passed out suddenly all your dreams turns into nightmares!

I never understood Why?

Anonymous Genius said...

@ Mayuri : I would still say, the grass is always greener on the other side.

@ Pandya: http://whenispeaktomyself.blogspot.com/